The mission of the Greater Lawrence Educational Collaborative is to serve member school districts in meeting their unique needs in a changing global community through cooperative visionary leadership and coordination of resources and services. Collaborative services maximize efficiency, quality and equity of educational opportunity.
The Greater Lawrence Educational Collaborative, by providing quality programs and services, will become the provider of first choice for all member districts whenever the sharing of resources will maximize the quality, equity and cost efficiency of special education and other services provided to the districts' students and staff.
Special education services include but are not limited to:
- Programs for multi-handicapped and medically-challenged students
- Programs for behaviorally-disordered and emotionally-disturbed students
- Vocational services for developmentally-delayed and "at-risk" students
- Consultative services, such as applied behavioral analysis, augmentative communication and services for visually impaired students
- New program development
- Summer services
- Extended day services
- Transportation services
- Staff and parent training
- Other services include:
- Multicultural enrichment activities
- Professional development on low-incidence and emerging disciplines
- Management services, including cooperative purchasing of goods and services.
- School-to-work initiatives
- Consultation on emerging educational technologies
- Other low-incidence or emerging initiatives and innovative programs for targeted student populations
Page Last modified: February 09 2012 13:28:39.